Metrix 5580 Smart Signal Conditioner
The 5580 Smart Vibration Signal Conditioner is a part of the 5580 series. These versatile monitors can accept signals from proximity probe systems, velocity sensors, and accelerometers and can be configured for two independent channels. The difference between the 5580 and the SW5580 is that the SW5580 has two relay contacts per channel for alarm functions, while the 5580 does not.
The Benefits of Internal Signal Conditioners
This DIN rail-mounted signal conditioner is simple to set up and use with a mini-USB connected to the front panel and software that's easy to connect and configure. Designed for machine-casing mounted velocity sensors and accelerometers, as well as shaft-observing proximity probes. The seismic output can be displayed in peak or RMS units. The proximity output can be displayed in terms of displacement or vibration peak-peak. The 4-20 mA is proportional to each variable input. Each sensor input is powered by the 5580, and the 5580 is powered by 24 Vdc.
The 5580 signal conditioner is highly recommended for industrial sites that may have struggled with configuration. The 5580 can drive 4-20 mA signals up to 2 kilometers and can drive the dynamic signals 300 meters (1,000 ft) without signal degradation. It's also more cost-effective than rack-mount monitors.
Key Features of the 5580 Smart Vibration Signal Conditioner
There are a few key features of the 5580 Smart Vibration Signal Conditioner:
- Two channel module, one or two channels enabled
- Field configurable full-scale range
- Field selectable input type and output scale units
- Field reconfigurable bandpass filters
- Frequency filters for specific machine conditions
- Reduced cost alternative to rack mount monitors
- Drives dynamic signals over long distances, 300 meters (1,000 ft)
- Interfaces an accelerometer, velocity sensor, or proximity probe system to a PLC, DCS or other 4-20 mA input monitor
- Provides 4-20 mA output proportional to vibration level
- Sensor/cable input status light (green/yellow/red LED)
- BNC connector for waveform analyzers
Applications for the Smart Vibration Signal Conditioner
Signal Conditioners are often used for industrial fans, generators, natural gas/diesel engines, turbines, motors/pumps, and compressors. If you're looking for equipment that will help you obtain early warning of a machine’s condition long before it poses a real problem to your operations or equipment, Metrix devices do just that.
Metrix Signal Conditioners provide you a means to maximize the benefits of your proactive and predictive maintenance programs. Getting continuous online vibration information on each of your rotating and reciprocating assets provides a window of understanding that is not possible with portable data collection alone. Signal Conditioners can extend dynamic signals to monitor racks and can provide 4-20 mA outputs to Control Systems, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Systems. Signal Conditioners are found in many applications in industry.
- Industrial Fans
- Centrifugal Compressors
- Reciprocating Compressors
- Motors & Pumps
- Natural Gas/Diesel Engines