SW5580 Smart Vibration Switch
The SW5580 smart vibration switch, and signal conditioner, accepts signals from a variety of sensors, including accelerometers, velocity sensors, and proximity probe systems. With two relays per channel, it can be ordered with either solid state or mechanical dry contacts. The relay feature is the main difference between the SW5580 smart vibration switch and the 5580 smart signal conditioner.
Made for rotating and reciprocating machinery, this vibration switch and signal conditioner can be configured for two channels with its output scaled for peak or RMS units, and for proximity systems peak-to-peak units. This equipment is DIN-rail mounted and easy to install. The SW5580, using a unity gain amplifier, can send the dynamic signal another 300 meters (1,000 feet) without distortion, and also provides a 4-20 mA output for each channel.
Vibration Switches for Industrial Applications
Industrial operations are subjected to different kinds of forces all day, every day. No matter how routine the days are, these sometimes unpredictable forces may produce vibrations, which can wreak havoc on even the most well-maintained equipment. Vibration switches pick up these signals and provide technicians with the necessary measurements to provide early warning and, if necessary, alert and danger signals. This device makes it possible to shut down your machine, or operations, before there's major damage.
The benefits of the SW5580 include:
- Flexibility: The solid state or mechanical dry contacts can be configured for alert and danger alarms, with associated time delays, and the relays can be setup for latching and non-latching applications. The two channels can be independently configured to fit various machinery applications.
- Internal Signal Conditioning: Thanks to its internal signal conditioning feature, the SW5580 vibration switch can provide the dynamic signal to a vibration monitoring system or patch panel up to 300 meters (1,000 feet) away. The 4-20 mA output translates to a traveling distance of up to 2 kilometers (to DCS, PLC, or SCADA).
The switch has a mini-USB interface, which makes it fast and simple to set up for various vibration devices. The free software further streamlines the process of configuring the switch so it can work in different applications. From oil and gas, to manufacturing, to power plants, a wide variety of industrial applications can be monitored with this vibration monitoring system (VMS).
- The Metrix SW5580 can be set up in a few simple steps:
- Use the mini-USB and software to connect with the SW5580.
- Configure the channels based on the operation and sensory inputs.
- Choose the relays based on your needed response (e.g. alarm levels, time delays, latching and non-latching, etc.).
- Refine your data over time and adjust as needed.
This vibration switch from Metrix boasts more functionality than many of the other switches on the market, and it's perfect for applications that have special requirements. Whether your mounted accelerometers, velocity sensors, or proximity systems are used with the SW5580, you will find that you're not missing out on important shifts in the vibration behavior patterns of your machinery.
- Two channel module, one or two channels enabled
- Field configurable full-scale range
- Field configurable relay levels and time delays
- Field selectable input type and output scale units
- Field reconfigurable Band Pass filters
- Reduced cost alternative to rack mount monitors
- Drives dynamic signals over long distances (300 m or 1000 ft.)
- Interfaces an accelerometer, velocity sensor, or proximity probe system to a PLC, DCS or other 4-20 mA input monitor
- Provides 4-20 mA output proportional to vibration level
- Sensor/cable input status light (green/red LED)
- Alarm status light (flashing yellow/red LED)
- BNC connector for analysis equipment
- Industrial Fans
- Centrifugal Compressors
- Reciprocating Compressors
- Motors & Pumps
- Natural Gas/Diesel Engines
- And other industrial machinery