Metrix MX2033 3-Wire Driver
The Metrix MX2033 combines the performance of a fully API 670-compliant eddy-current proximity measurement system with the flexibility of digital configurability. We have a time-proven system with tens of thousands of installations. Users can configure their transducer system in the field using a custom field-generated curve as well as factory pre-configured configurations for over 40 different target materials, a variety of probe tip diameters, manufacturers, extension cable lengths, and linear ranges. Product approx. weight: 247 g (8.7 oz)
The MX2033 3-Wire Driver features the following capabilities:
- Field Configurability: The free Metrix DPS software can be downloaded and connected to the Metrix MX2033 3-Wire Driver to allow a user to configure the Driver for your application. It is the universal spare part.
- Scale Factor: The Driver can provide the necessary power for scale factors from 100 mV/mil (3.93 mV/µm) to 200 mV/mil (7.87 mV/µm). This enables ranges from 20 to 180 mils (500 to 4,500 µm) or 10 to 90 mils (250 to 2,250 µm), respectively, to be measured. The ability for the Driver to change scale factor in the field is unique to the Metrix proximity system.
- Frequency: The range of 0 Hz to 10 KHz makes this 3-Wire Driver compatible with an array of applications.
- Compatibility: This 3-Wire Driver can be used with a multitude of proximity probes and cables, and all vibration monitoring systems, including competitive systems.
This device was created to modernize the API 670-compliant eddy-current proximity measurement systems by using flexible digital configurability. Thanks to Metrix’s software and tools, engineers and technicians no longer have to work with fixed functionality and have the full array of field configurable features needed by a modern proximity system.
Key Features and Specifications
The 3-Wire Driver has revolutionized the proximity measurement industry. This system supports a multitude of cable lengths, target materials and older probe systems with just a single device. Our Digital Proximity System (DPS) combines the performance of a fully API 670 compliant eddy-current proximity measurement system with the flexibility of digital configurability. DPS saves our customers time and money.
The MX2033 Driver has a dynamic voltage output of mV/µm or mV/mil. The MX2033 signal output is compatible with industry-standard continuous vibration monitoring systems and is in the format specified in API Standard 670. It uses -24Vdc excitation and provides the output signal in mV/µm (mV/mil), typically 7.87 mV/mm (200mV/mil). The Metrix DPS is field configurable.
- Digitally Configure for:
- Different Common Shaft Materials
- Unknown Common Shaft Materials
- Trimmable System Lengths
- TIGHTVIEW® for Limited Clearances
- Other Manufacturer’s Probes and Cables
- Older Probes and Cables
- No Cross Talk
- Spike Suppression
- Speed Pulse Adjustment
- 8mm Probe Extended Range
The 3-Wire Proximity Driver can be used across a variety of applications, though it’s most often seen in monitoring critical fluid film bearing machines. You can find these types of machines throughout the oil & gas, chemical and power generation industries. These Drivers are inputs to vibration monitoring systems that are often associated with condition monitoring systems. These systems require precise and accurate measurements, which the Metrix proximity system can provide.